Health Career Associates
Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist – Full Time
The Ultrasound Technologist aims sound waves toward the area of the patient’s body that is in need of treatment, then collects the echoes that are reflected back in order to create an image. The ultrasound technician can then videotape, photograph, or otherwise transmit these images so the physician can use them in order to make a diagnosis.
Shift: 12p-8:30p – weekdays and every other weekend. Some call obligations required.
- Must live within 100 mi and be willing to drive to facility for interview and complete scans as part of interview process.
- Must be willing to relocate! Can’t commute from greater Chicago area!
Salary range starts at $26/hr. and moves up depending upon experience.
Shift differentials added to base rate:
-PM Shift Differential [paid between 5:30 p.m. and 10:59 p.m.] – $2.91 / hour
-Night Shift Differential [paid between 11:00 p.m. and 4:59 a.m.] – $4.35 / hour
-Weekend Shift Differential [paid on Saturday & Sunday] – $1.50 / hour
Note: Total weekend differential = Weekend differential + applicable shift differential
- Graduation from an approved school of diagnostic ultrasound or on-the-job training for minimally one year per modality.
- Eligibility for licensure as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- Registration through ARDMS within 18 months of hire.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers – CPR certification required