Job Title: Nurse Manager (RN) Medical Surgical
SHIFT: Full Time Days (rotating weekends)
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Nurse Manager assumes responsibility for all functions in the assigned unit. In collaboration with the Director and members of the medical staff, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of quality of patient care services provided in the department by all levels of practitioners.
The Nurse Manager in the assigned unit:
- Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of all functions for the assigned unit.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided in the assigned unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within the department based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Department of Nursing Standards in collaboration with the Director in unusual situations.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; B.S.N. – highly preferred.
- Current licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience in area of specialty with an emphasis on leadership and management.
- Current verification of competency in BLS is required.
- Computer skills preferred.
Compensation: Salary range from $80K-100K (based on years of experience)
Sign on and relocation assistance is available.