Health Career Associates
Registered Nurse (RN) – Nurse Director of Operating Room (OR)
- Approximately 25-30 FTE’s
- The OR director reports to the CNO
- The budget is complete and in place; will be responsible for budget expense variances; Responsible for reviewing departmental reports such as return to surgery, late starts, room turn over time, etc. and responsible for scheduling.
- The Director does not normally scrub in or circulate unless it is an emergent situation, and Won’t be expected to take call.
- 4 OR rooms plus an Endo suite with 2 rooms; No outpatient surgery centers outside of the hospital.
Under the leadership of the Vice President/CNO, the Director, Nursing – Surgical Services is an active member of the department that collects data, provides comfort measures, and care to patients. The Director, Nursing – Surgical Services is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the operation of the Surgical Services Department. The Director, Nursing – Surgical Services leads and directs subordinate supervisory personnel with responsibility for the functioning of assigned nursing care areas 24/7/365. The Director leads nursing-wide goal setting and evaluation and is responsible for the development of policies and procedures, and annual and strategic budgets for assigned areas. This position monitors the financial performance of the area and ensures that staff provides quality patient care that is age appropriate and culturally sensitive.
- Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing. A Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Experience: Requires five to seven years of work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Requires a current state license as a Registered Nurse and is listed in good standing with the state’s Department of Professional Credentialing.
- Requires current certifications in Basic Life Support (BLS), PALS, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). (If BLS verification is not current upon hire, it must be obtained within three (3) months of hire.)