Health Career Associates
Registered or Certified – Respiratory Therapist (RRT or CRT)
As a Respiratory Therapist, you need to know how to:
• Work collaboratively with the Respiratory Therapy director, supervisor and lead staff, who oversee and coordinate patient care provided by the Respiratory Therapy department.
• Be accountable for carrying out all respiratory care ordered by physicians according to approved policies, procedures and guidelines, and will keeps abreast of any changes by attending department staff meetings.
• Operate, maintain, and monitor a wide variety of equipment including ventilators and those that are involved in the administration of prescribed gases and inhaled medication.
• Perform arterial punctures, and operate ABG instruments for blood gas analysis.
• Act as a clinical resource to nursing staff by assisting with decision-making, assessment, treatment and documentation of respiratory care
• Review patient’s chart and obtains history for pertinent information before each therapy or procedure.
• Perform accurate patient assessment and orders appropriate therapies based on the Respiratory Therapy Evaluation and Treatment protocol.
• Document patient assessments, care plans, therapies, procedures, medications, equipment setup and supply charges, time outs for procedures and critical values.
• Ensure physician‘s orders are in EMR and that verbal orders are written per hospital policy
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Therapist program. Prefer Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
CERTIFICATIONS: BLS certification upon hire. Ability to obtain ACLS, PALS and NRP certifications required within six (6) months of hire.
LICENSE: Current Wyoming licensure as Respiratory Care Practitioner, required.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer one or more year’s clinical experience in a hospital setting.
SKILLS: Good inter-personal skills are necessary.
Salary range is $22.94 – $34.40/hr. (depending on experience)
$5,000 sign on bonus; $3,000 relocation assistance offered.