Registered Nurse (RN) OR Circulator – Full Time
The OR Circulator will monitor the procedures in operating rooms during surgery, collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
• Provides safe, therapeutic quality to patients by utilizing the nursing process and nursing diagnosis in a timely manner and by setting appropriate priorities, coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge. Documents interventions and patient’s responses
• Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing patient care
• Communicates appropriate information regarding patient conditions to those who require the information including, surgeons, anesthesia, management and other staff
• Safely carries out physician’s orders correctly and promptly, documenting all activities
• Initiates and participates in patient and family education. Assesses learning needs according to patient’s level of understanding and readiness to learn
• Displays an understanding of each patient’s cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturity in assessments, treatment, and care
• Expertise in safety principles, asepsis, sterile technique and universal precautions
• Assesses, anticipates and implements appropriate care throughout the surgical process
• Correlates clinical data with nursing care. Provides the patient with care measures congruent with his/her age, sex and health status
• Participate in the orientation of nursing and ancillary staff as requested
• Maintains competencies to function in RN role within specific area
• Must be able to flex hours as needed and/or requested by director.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Maintains current State of Wyoming Nursing licensure
- BLS certificate for Health Care Providers
- ACLS and PALS certifications, highly preferred
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care
- 2 years nursing experience required to include a minimum of 6 months OR Circulator experience
- Computer literate, experience with EMR
- Pay range is $29.62/hour and up based on experience.
- Sign on bonus – $1,500
- Relocation bonus also available.
- Commitment bonus after 2 years.