Health Career Associates
Job Title: Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical Manager
Med/Surg Unit with 27 beds, census varies but is usually around 18 beds occupied. Will do general surgery, ortho and spine. Staff may work anywhere on the unit, and may float to both as qualified on occasion. Directs nursing service activities for assigned critical/coronary care unit patients. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports a director or facility leadership.
- Must be graduate of an accredited nursing program with current state licensure and at least 5-7 years of direct experience.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Directs nursing service activities for assigned critical/coronary care unit patients.
- Delegates’ responsibilities to auxiliary and critical care unit staff nurses; supervises preparation and maintenance of critical care unit patient clinical records, and writes reports on critical care unit staff performance and services rendered.
- Maintains pre-set inventory standards for solutions, supplies, medicines and equipment, and keeps track of narcotics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with other health care professionals required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills to include proficiency in: Microsoft Office, email, payroll application software, EMR -utilization, and Pyxis applications.
Compensation: $ 75,000/ year. No retention bonus but offers $ 5,000 relocation package.