Health Career Associates
Registered Nurse – Med/Surg – Float Pool
SHIFT: Full Time – Nights (3) 12’s (with rotating weekends)
Types of Services- Nuero, Med Surg, PCU, Telemetry; Nurse to patient Ratio: 6:1; The position is under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager and the Supervisor of the Nursing Unit. According to hospital policies and procedures, the Staff Nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Performs complete and accurate nursing assessment on assigned patients.
- Considers age related factors (i.e., infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric)
- Completes admission interview within 8 hours or less of the patient’s admission to the hospital on assigned patients
- Priorities of care are established and based on presenting medical history, past medical history, nursing observations and assessments.
- Completes Valuables form at time of admission. Identifies changes in patient condition (i.e., test results, abnormal findings, etc.) and reports to the physician and/or Supervisor unit/primary nurse for patient.
- Initiates, individualizes nursing care plan during admission process.
- Collaborates with the primary nurse to initiate now and stat orders.
- Performs and legibly documents nursing care according to patient needs in a competent and timely manner.
- Documents medications given on MAR, and any responses as appropriate
- Initiates appropriate teaching and/or referrals
- Assesses injury causation which may implicate any form of abuse or neglect. (I.e. child abuse, child neglect, elder abuse, elder neglect, or domestic violence. Assures neglect or injury is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- Reports assessment and care details to primary nurse/unit supervisor before admitting next patient.
- Works as staff nurse when house supervisor assigns to staff nurse duties
- Performs other tasks as appropriate as per the house supervisor:
Assisting with discharges
Required: Graduation from an NLN school of professional nursing. Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
Preferred: Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree. Experience as a Staff Nurse in an acute care setting in multiple areas.
Required: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas. Current certification from the American Heart Association as a BLS provider.
Preferred: Certification in area of specialty.
Must have at least 2 yrs. experience in an acute care facility, and must be able to float to all med surg floors.
Salary range from $32-$37/hr. (based on years of experience).
Night differential diff $2.65 per hr.
Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available up to $3,500