Health Career Associates
Registered Nurse (RN) ICU – Full Time
Shift/Schedule: 1900-0730, nights, every other weekend required.
• Assesses patients, as appropriate to the scope of care the nurse will provide. Assessments may include: physical, psychosocial, learning needs and barriers, needs related to age/culture, discharge planning.
• Establishes nursing diagnoses based on results of assessments and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Plans care according to identified diagnoses and needs. Updates plan of care as appropriate.
• Implements/performs individualized care, based on nursing care plan and the nurse’s role with the patient. This care may include but not be limited to:
o Assisting with activities of daily living, including fall risk management and safe patient handling.
o Medication administration
o Skin assessment/wound care
o Pain management
o Operation/manipulation of biomedical and other patient care and testing equipment, including but not limited to infusion pumps, patient transfer equipment, cardiopulmonary monitors, invasive catheters and drains, thermoregulation devices, measurement devices, medication dispensing cabinets, external therapeutic devices.
o Assisting the physician and other licensed, independent practitioners with invasive and non-invasive procedures.
o Teaching patients and their families about current illness, medical tests, medication, general healthcare, illness and disease prevention, and wellness promotion.
o Providing appropriate assignment, supervision, and direction to unlicensed assistive personnel in order to ensure optimum patient care.
o Providing interdisciplinary coordination and facilitation of overall care.
- Recent (within past 5 years) acute care hospital experience preferred; Acute care hospital experience in past two years or has completed Critical Care classes
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 60-day grace period
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support card or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 6-month grace period
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support or Emergency Nurses’ Association Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course card or obtain within 1 year of hire
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) card or Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) for initial certification or obtain within 1 year of hire. Recertify TNCC or Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) every 4 years.
- National certification in critical care nursing (CCRN or equivalent) preferred
Compensation: Salary Range: $34.11-$51.13/hr.
**Up to $25K bonus/sign on**