Health Career Associates
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Dept. / ER
Shift/Schedule: Mid Shifts available – (11am – 11pm) or (1pm – 1am) – Will never work alone.
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients’ independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Requires an associate’s degree and is certified as a registered nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Providing all aspects of nursing care and procedures for Emergency Room Patients. (Trauma, STEMI, Chest pain, Ortho). 23 rooms, only use 18 rooms for main ED with Rapid clearance from 12-8pm for level 4 & 5’s. out in triage area. Nurse to patient ratio: 4-1 during high census time on nights staff with 4 nurses from 11pm to 7 am.
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience preferred but willing consider strong new grads.
- PALS, & TNCC (preferred Trauma level 4) – or willing to obtain after employment.
- Current BLS or obtained during first month of employment.
- ACLS required within first six months of hire date.
- Pay rate: Starts at $22.00 and goes up based on experience.
Sign on Bonuses:
- $5,000 – new grads
- $7,500 (2 to 4 yrs experience)
- $10,000 (5 yrs plus experience)
Potential for relocation bonus.