Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Pediatric CVOR
SHIFT: Full Time Days (rotating weekends) w/ on call
The Surgical Services (Surgery – OR) RN (Registered Nurse) performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Peri-operative Patients/Surgical Services.
• Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
• Maintain a safe and therapeutic OR and pre-surgical area environment
• Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
• Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
• Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
• Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process improvement
• Promote a supportive OR environment
• Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs
• Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as assigned
• Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
• BSN Required within 24 month of hire
• Must not have allowed one year to lapse since graduation without employment
• Surgical experience required unless internship attendee
• Current Texas RN License or valid compact license
• Current BLS provider, issued by American Heart Association
• 1 years Pediatric CVOR RN experience required
- Salary range from $26 – $50.46 per hr. (based on years of experience)
- On Call pay – $8/hr.
- Sign On Bonus-up to $20k- split between 2 equal payment within the first 30 days and the second after 12 months.