Health Career Associates
Job Title: Registered Dietitian
Reports directly to the Clinical Nutrition Supervisor. Provides age appropriate, quality nutritional care to inpatients and outpatients and conducts nutrition assessments and counseling as part of the health care team. Acts as liaison between the Nutrition Services dept. and all clinical depts. (nursing, MD’s, Speech Therapists, etc.) for all related clinical nutrition matters. Creatively leads Nutrition Services in the area of community and hospital’s nutrition activities and programs.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides relief for the Clinical Nutrition Supervisor: Assesses the patient’s/ clients’ nutritional status and educational needs, develops and implements an age appropriate nutrition care plan, and evaluates the patient’s/ client’s response to provide quality nutrition care according to professional standards of practice.
2. Documents patient’s/ client’s nutritional care in the medical record according to department policies and procedures.
3. Provides nutrition education programs for staff and the public, both at the consumer and professional levels.
4. Develops and maintains professional rapport with inter and intra departmental personnel and medical staff to ensure quality patient/ client care and actively participates on committees as designated.
5. Actively participates in Focus on facility for the department and organization. Actively prepares for and participates in all regulatory inspections/surveys.
6. Actively participates in Strategic Planning and implementation of the plan.
7. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree with major in Dietetics or Nutrition with a Dietetic Internship, Traineeship, or Advanced Degree.
- Licensure: Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and registered by the Wyoming Dietetics Licensing Board.
- Experience: Preferred Minimum of three years’ experience in clinical nutrition.
Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Computer skills to document in electronic medical chart and complete mandatory education.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills in order to plan and present educational programs, counsel patients, and work effectively with members of the patient care team.