Health Career Associates
Job Title: Manager of Medical Staff Services
Salary Range: $27.67 an hour ($57,740). (Candidate gets a 3% increase throughout the years)
Relocation: Case by Case Basis
• Plans, organizes and directs the day to day operations of Medical Staff Services Office including staff supervision, verification of physician credentials and information, communications with physicians, hospitals and various agencies involved with medical staff services.
• Accountable for establishing, contributing, and implementation of standards applicable to medical staff members relating to credentialing, quality improvement, and administrative functions for responsible hospital and system.
• Complies with all regulatory standards, providing consultative expertise to the Medical Staff and hospital leadership on options and permissible actions in order to meet those standards.
• Communication: Provides a collegial environment which fosters teamwork both within the medical staff office, with other members of the medical staff service department and medical staff members of hospital. Professionalism in all aspects and commitment to the delivery of quality service.
• Financial/Budgeting: Assist in the development of the system medical staff service budget and manages resources within the budget once approved. Monitor operating budget and staffing level for consistency with departmental goals while maintaining a high level of customer service satisfaction.
• Management Supervision: Supervises staff and manages employee performance. Provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills. Monitors workflow.
• Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures to comply with medial staff bylaws, hospital bylaws, managed care policies, TJC/NCQA requirements and related state and federal regulations.
• Ensure all provider credentials meet the requirements as outlined by Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, URAC,TJC and state and federal regulatory agencies.
• Policies and Procedures: Maintain, create and revise policy and procedures related to database management collaboratively within the department and what best meet the system medical staff functions, hospital bylaws, managed are policies, TJC/NCQA requirements, and related state and federal regulations.
• Professional Development: Maintains professional growth by participating in educational programs and professional organizations. Maintain knowledge of current industry standards, regulations, trends, practices, and developments.
• Reporting/Data Management: Manages data entry of physician information into practitioner files, status reports and productivity reports for correctness and accuracy. Evaluates software needs of credentialing database management to fulfill needs of medical staff office operations. Maintain a file audit program ensuring audit and survey preparedness.
• Coordinates transmittal of complete and timely credentials file through the various review committees and board approval.
• Periodic evaluation of data gathering process required to ensure organizational needs are consistently met.
• Bachelor’s degree in health care or management related field preferred.
• Five (5) years comprehensive Medical Staff Services in an acute care hospital, managed care or credentialing verification organization with three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Current National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) certification as a Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM).
• Must maintain active certification.
• Looking for someone that’s adaptable to change.
• Great customer service skills.
• Will prefer someone that has managed more than 100 physicians at a hospital.